Beth McClelland, MBA, CDFA™, CFP®
Finding Financial Peace through Life Transitions
As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), I can add financial objectivity and clarity to an otherwise challenging and highly emotional process. I work with individuals or couples before, during, and after divorce.
Regardless of where you are in the divorce process, the reasons for the divorce, or your ability to continue to jointly make decisions, the outcomes of the divorce process will have a big impact on your future financial wellbeing. The addition of a trained financial professional to your divorce team can help you have a better understanding of your financial situation and will give you a sense of control over your life before, during, and after your divorce.
The opportunity to add value is not dependent upon the divorce option you choose: traditional litigation, mediation, collaborative, or even if you plan to do it yourselves.
Potential areas of focus:
- Gaining an understanding of your finances and financial needs
- Listing and valuing assets and liabilities such as: your home, investments, retirement accounts and pensions, employee incentive programs, real estate, and businesses etc.
- Evaluation of community vs. separate property
- Income, expenses, budgets, and lifestyle analysis
- Uncovering your interests for the division of property
- Mediation of financial agreements
- Protecting your financial settlement from unexpected outcomes
- Tax and capital gains consequences of property division
- Better preparation to meet life events – both challenges and opportunities
Integrative Mediation Bay Area
Collaborative Practice CA & East Bay – Divorce and Estate Practices
Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts – Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™
Association of Divorce Financial Planners – CA Board Member
CFP Board – Certified Financial Planner™
Financial Planning Association – National Pro Bono Advisory Board
East Bay Financial Planning Association – Board Member
East Bay Divorce Financial Planning
2832 College Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94705
Lamorinda Financial Planning, LLC
1990 N. California Blvd. #600
Walnut Creek, CA 94596